Saritha Dodla, M.D., FACC
Dr. Saritha Dodla joined Advanced Heart Care in September 2011 and primarily serves Wise County, TX. She came to us from Nebraska for the small community feel and due to family/friends close by. She has published many articles/abstracts in renowned cardiovascular journals and was part of key clinical studies that improvised nationwide cardiovascular health care. She is triple board certified in Internal Medicine, Geriatrics & Cardiology with a special interest in Geriatric Cardiology. She takes pride in patient education & believes in friendly, approachable and caring relationship with patients. When off work, she loves spending time with family, traveling, reading and swimming.
AREAS OF EXPERTISE
- Preventive cardiology (cholesterol & high blood pressure management, cardiac rehabilitation, prevention of future heart events)
- Heart failure management
- Nuclear stress testing
- 2-Dimensional echocardiography, stress echocardiography and transesophageal echocardiography
- Invasive cardiology (Angiography- both right & left heart catheterization, Peripheral angiography, enhanced external counter pulsation, temporary pacemaker insertion)
- Rhythm disturbance management (including cardioversion, outpatient heart rhythm monitoring)
Coronary CT Angiography: Johns Hopkins Bayview Medical Center, Baltimore, MD
Cardiology Fellowship: University of Nebraska Medical Center, Omaha, NE
Geriatrics Fellowship: University of Nebraska Medical Center, Omaha, NE
Internal Medicine Residency: Creighton University Medical Center, Omaha, NE
Medical school: Sri Venkateswara Medical College, India
LICENSURE & BOARD CERTIFICATIONS
Board Certified by ABIM in Cardiovascular diseases
Board Certified by ABIM in Geriatric medicine
Board Certified by ABIM in Internal Medicine
Board eligible in Nuclear Cardiology & Coronary CT Angiography
Dr. Dodla is currently licensed by the States of Texas and Nebraska.
Faith Community Hospital, Jacksboro, TX
Wise Regional Health System, Decatur, TX
- Dodla S, Xie F, Smith M, O’Leary E, Porter TR. “Real time perfusion echocardiography during treadmill exercise and dobutamine stress testing.” Heart 2010;96:220-225
- Dolan MS, Gala S, Dodla S, Abdelmoneim SS, Xie F, Cloutier D, Bierig M, Mulvagh SL, Porter TR, Labovitz AJ. “Safety and Efficacy of Commercially Available Ultrasound Contrast Agents for Rest and Stress Echocardiography: A Multi-Center Experience.” J Am Coll Cardiol 2009;53:32-8 [key study made part of scientific statement released by FDA 2009]
- Xie F, Dodla S, O’Leary E, Porter TR. Detection of Subendocardial Ischemia in the Left
Anterior Descending Coronary Artery Territory With Real-Time Myocardial Contrast Echocardiography During Dobutamine Stress Echocardiography. J Am Coll Cardiol Img 2008;1:271–8
- Lyons W, M.D., Dodla S, M.D. “Chronic Pain” for the fall 2006 issue of Generations, the interdisciplinary journal of the American Society of Aging, Volume 30; 3; Pg 77-82
- Dodla S, Xie F, O’Leary E, Porter TR. “Feasibility of Myocardial Perfusion and Wall Motion Analysis With Real Time Perfusion Echocardiography During Treadmill Exercise Stress.” J Am Coll Cardiol 2007, Volume 50, Issue 8, Supplement 1, August 2007.
- Xie F, O’Leary E, Dodla S, Porter TR. “Safety and Efficacy of Intermediate Dobutamine Stress Imaging With Real Time Perfusion Echocardiography in the Elderly.” J Am Coll Cardiol 2007, Volume 50, Issue 8, Supplement 1, August 2007.
- Xie F, Lof J, Matsunaga T, He A, Bennett RM, Dodla S, Porter TR. “Programmed Ultrasound Radiation Force in the Treatment in Acute Coronary Thromboses with Intravenous Microbubbles.” J Am Soc Echocardiogr 2007, volume 20, Issue 5, May 2007: 564
- Dodla S, Xie F, Cory B, Stevens RB, O’Leary E, Porter TR. “Prognostic Value and Angiographic Correlation of Dobutamine Stress Imaging with Real Time Perfusion Echocardiography in Asymptomatic Diabetic Patients Undergoing Pre-Operative Evaluation.” J Am Soc Echocardiogr 2007, volume 20, Issue 5, May 2007: 564. [was selected for press release at the 18th Annual Scientific Sessions of the American Society of Echocardiography, May 2007]
- Dodla S, MD, Xie F, MD, Cloutier D, Porter TR. Prognostic Implications of A Normal Real Time Myocardial Perfusion Response in Patients With High Framingham Risk Scores. Circulation 2007;116:II-547
- Xie F, Lof J, Dodla S, Shevchuck S, Gilmore S, Matsunaga T, Zutshi R, Porter TR. “Intravenous Microbubbles Combined with Brief High MI DUS Impulses Guided by CPS Increase the Recanalization Rate of Acutely Thrombosed CA.” J Am Coll Cardiol 2008.
- Dolan MS, Dodla S, Xie F, Cloutier D, Porter TR, Labovitz AJ. “Safety and Efficacy of Commercially Available Ultrasound Contrast Agents in Clinical Settings.” J Am Coll Cardiol 2008
- Dodla S, Xie F, O’Leary D, Smith M, Porter TR. “Comparison of Wall Motion and Perfusion in Detecting Coronary Artery Disease During Treadmill Exercise and Pharmacological Stress Imaging with Real Time Myocardial Perfusion Echocardiography” J Am Soc Echocardiogr 2008.
- Koneru J, Dodla S, Xie F, O’Leary E, Porter TR. “Detection of Significant Left Anterior Descending Coronary Artery Disease in Pacemaker Dependent Patients Utilizing Real Time Perfusion Imaging During Dobutamine Stress Echocardiography.” Circulation 2008.
- Xie F, Lof J, Dodla S, Zutshi R, Porter TR. “Rapid Resolution of ST Segment Elevation and Recovery and Function in Acute Myocardial Infarction with Low Dose Intravenous Thrombolytics, Transthoracic Ultrasound, and Intravenous Microbubbles.” Circulation 2008.
- Dodla S Xie F, O’Leary E, Smith M, Porter TR. “Detection of CAD Real Time Perfusion Imaging Versus Conventional Harmonic Imaging During Exercise and Dobutamine Stress Echocardiography.” Circulation 2008.
- S. Dodla, F. Xie, D. Cloutier, T.R. Porter. Prognostic Implications of A Normal Real Time Myocardial Perfusion Response in Patients With High Framingham Risk Scores. Oral presentation, Scientific sessions 2007, American Heart Association, Orlando, Florida.